And, here they all are in all their glory.
And, I even picked a favorite one and I just have to show him off. He just makes me smile.
I originally got the idea for these from Family Circle Magazine. Cake balls are supposed to be a big trend right now, but trendy or not I can tell you that these are super duper yummy. They are like a cross between cake , candy, and the most delicious donut hole ever.
If you want to make them, all you need is:
- a cake mix (and the stuff you add to that)
- a container of frosting (1 cup to be exact)
- Wilton candy melts (or any generic brand- they are candy that you can melt and then it gets hard when it cools)
- icing or sprinkles to decorate your cake balls
- i also used wax paper to lay them out on after dipping
Once they are hard, melt the candies according to the package instructions. I microwaved at 30 second intervals at 50% power. You can add a little oil to make it smoother and you can add food coloring to make them look the color you want. Then dip the balls and let them harden to pipe on decorations or you could go ahead and put sprinkles on them and call it a day. Either way, they will be cute and deeeelicious. I made these when family came to visit, and they were definitely a hit for everyone, ages 6 to 60 :)
Please, link up your recipes that you would like to share below and feel free to link back to me if you would like.