{mis}adventure- Finding a Melted Crayon after Drying a Load of Clothes!

What's that old saying, boys will be boys? Well, my little boy is really a great kid, but accidents do happen. And, the other day when I went to open my dryer only to discover a load of school uniforms and jeans covered in a crayon color explosion. It was not pretty! I didn't take a picture because I figured they were ruined and I could look at the ugly stains any time I wanted.

I was just sure that money- between a hundred and two hundred dollars of clothes was down the drain. *sigh* Not to mention the fact that I had to clean my dryer so I could dry clothes in the future without destroying them. Well, after looking around online, I found an interesting discussion on Thrifty Fun's website.

So, I know you can't ever imagine it happening to you, but in case it does and it very well may if you have kids. I found an amazing solution that got all of the crayon out of the clothes (except there are a few traces on 1 pair of khaki pants- but that is not bad out of about 10 pants!)

The Amazing Recipe


  • 2 max amounts (line 3) of concentrated Tide (I used All Free& Clear)




  • 1 cup Oxiclean




  • 1/2 cup 20 mule team Borax




  • 1 cup Shout liquid




  • 1 cup white vinegar




  • Run your load on hot for the longest wash cycle, and let it soak an hour. Then you're ready to check it out and if its not totally clean, just spot clean and run it again. (I only had to run my blues once! Yay!)
    To clean the dryer, run it for about 5 or 10 minutes, then wipe it down with a clean wet towel and Comet. Not hard at all. Just make sure to run a load of rags before you run good clothes so that you're sure you got all the crayon. Hopefully this will never  happen to you, but just in case it does I hope this helps! Hopefully there won't be too many misadventures any time soon.



    2 comments:

    Camille @ Camille's Casa said...

    Wow, that sounds like a dangerous combination, no stain stands a chance! Eeek!

    Anonymous said...

    Thank God for the internet and all the kind people who post their wonderful tips!
    Regina

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails